(1) Women contact us about taking part in the study by phone, mail or via the internet.
(2) Initially, the women are sent an introductory pack that includes detailed information about the study and a reply form.
(3) When the communications team receive a reply form from a woman to indicate she is interested in taking part, a package is sent out that contains the questionnaire.
(4) The completed questionnaires are returned to the communications team who process and then archive them in a locked archive.
(5) The questionnaires provide the data that are analysed by the statistics team to identify potential risk factors for breast cancer.